Wisconsin School Choice registration for the 2019-20 school year begins February 1 at the Wisconsin School Choice student applications website. The deadline to apply is April 20. Contact our office for additional information or assistance.
- Martin Luther is part of the Wisconsin Parental Choice Program. Under this program, funded by the State of Wisconsin, parents have a voice in how their tax dollars are spent on the education of their children.
- At Martin Luther, we believe parents are best equipped to decide what school is the best fit for their child. This program allows more families to choose Christian education for their sons or daughters.
- Martin Luther encourages all qualifying families to apply. Please note that only Martin Luther Kindergarten and First Grade students (in 2019-20) and students transferring from public schools are eligible to enroll for the first time.
- Parent email verification is a part of the application process. It may take 5 minutes to 24 hours for the verification email to be received by the applicant. The application process can be completed once the verification has arrived. Once your application has been entered, the DPI site will list what documentation is needed for you to bring to Martin Luther for verification.
WPCP Fast Facts
- Enrollment for 2019-20 will run from February 1, 2019 to April 20, 2019
- Students are chosen by a lottery system performed by the Department of Public Instruction receive a voucher that is paid to Martin Luther to cover 100% of tuition
- Completed 2018 tax Information and proof of residency is needed to complete enrollment eligibility process for new applicants
- Income eligibility set by the state program is based on a family’s Adjusted Gross Income; see Income Guideline Chart below
- Families with a student chosen in a previous year need to re-apply and provide proof of residency within the enrollment window
Resources for parents are available from the Wiscosnin DPI at dpi.wi.gov/choice:
- Link to Online Parent Application
- Application Process Presentation
- Parent Brochure
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Online Parent Application Print Screens
- School Lists and Contact Information
- Allowed Residency Documents
- Alternative Residency Documentation Form
- 2019-20 Income Limits
- Department of Revenue (DOR) Income Determination Method FAQ
WPCP Eligibility Chart for the 2019-2020 School Year
Adjusted Gross Income
|Family Size||Max. Yearly Income (Single)||Max. Yearly Income (Married)|
|For each additional member add $9,504|
*Note: Figures listed in the right column will not be listed on the DPI site but reflect the $7,000 adjustment for married couples with children.
School District Choices
At one point on the form you will be asked for your school district. Please choose the appropriate response under “Resident School District” and click “Continue.” The UHS option that is on the page does not apply to our area.
Options for Determining Income
Before deciding which method to use for your family, please consult this Frequently Asked Questions document prepared by the Department of Public Instruction:
Complete your income tax for 2018, and enter the necessary totals on the WPCP application. Bring a SIGNED copy of your tax form to Martin Luther for reference.
On the WPCP application, click to allow the Department of Revenue (DOR) to determine your income eligibility. If 2018 tax information has not been submitted, 2017 data will be used.
Accepted documents for proof of residency
- Current wage statement (can be year end W2)
- Current water, gas, or electric bill (dated within the last 90 days)
- Current lease agreement