What follows is a plan, developed and approved by the Worship Committee and Servant Leadership Board.
Note: Please DO NOT feel obligated to attend in-person worship before you are ready. If you belong to a vulnerable population or remain concerned about group gatherings, please worship at home in peace. Recorded online services will continue.
- Public worship services will resume with our summer schedule on Wednesday, June 3rd – 6:30 PM.
- For service times see this page. https://martinlutheroshkosh.com/church/worship-times/
- All services will be held in church.
- Wednesday and Saturday services will be NON-SINGING.
- Singing will be offered on Sunday morning only.
- We are asking members to register for which service you will be attending to assist us for social distancing.
- Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19, upper respiratory symptoms, any symptoms of communicable disease including gastrointestinal disease should stay home.
- Those who are at high risk of serious illness are encouraged to stay home. Members with chronic health problems such as serious heart disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, treatment for cancer that may decrease your immune response.
- Those who are uncomfortable attending services at this time are encouraged to stay home.
- We encourage you to bring and wear a mask.
- We encourage you to practice social distancing and good hygiene.
- We will follow the CDC’s social distancing guidelines: Stay 6 feet apart from others whenever possible.
- Pew cushions will be removed for easier sanitization.
- Balcony seating will not be available at this time.
- Family bathroom in the extended narthex will be open for emergencies.
- Water fountains will be turned off. Feel free to bring your own bottled water or coffee to church.
BEFORE THE SERVICE
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the narthex.
- We will not shake hands before the service.
- The doors to the worship area will always remain open.
- The pastor or an usher (wearing a mask) will be present in the narthex to guide people in these instructions.
- The coat room will not be available; please leave your coats in your car or bring them into the worship area.
- Communion will follow a “continuous flow” method, with members maintaining 6 feet of distance. Families, however, may go up together. There will be no common cup. If you do not feel comfortable partaking in this setting, you may contact Pastor Berg to set up individualized communion during the week.
- Hymnals will not be used at all – all service information will be printed.
- Collection plates and friendship registers will not be passed.
- Worshippers may leave their offerings in the plates in the narthex before or after service.
AFTER THE SERVICE
- Members are encouraged NOT to gather or socialize in the fellowship area. Instead, please converse outside where it can be done more safely.
HEALTH, SAFETY, & SANITIZATION
- No changes to parking.
- Church will be accessible through the carport doors ONLY; school doors will be locked.
- Attendees must observe social distancing (minimum six feet) between members of different households at all times. Parents are responsible for their children.
- Exterior doors will be propped open before and after worship for entry and exit. All interior doors will be propped to minimize contact.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available in the narthex.
- Designated personnel will sanitize surfaces in the sanctuary and narthex following each service.
PERSONAL HEALTH & SAFETY
- All doors will be propped open to minimize contact. Please do not close them! We trust each other to use discretion and courtesy.
- Follow basic CDC guidelines: Wash/sanitize your hands regularly, avoid touching your face, and cover coughs/sneezes/etc.
- Trash can lids will be removed for no-touch trash disposal.
- If you feel ill or suspect you’ve been exposed to COVID-19, please stay home and use our online worship resources.
As we all know we are living in fluid times caused by the pandemic and these guidelines may be adjusted. Please watch for further information.